Roasted Goat Cheese with Spicy Tomato Red Pepper Sauce2013-01-02
- Servings : 8-10 appetizer servings
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 0m
- 1 can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 can spicy tomatoes, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, roasted (available in a jar in olive oil), chopped
- 10 oz. goat cheese
- Balsamic Glaze, optional (available in grocers as Gia Russa brand)
Combine the tomatoes in a mixing bowl with the chopped red bell peppers.
Place the goat cheese in an ovenproof container (a cast iron skillet is nicely rustic). Spoon the tomato mixture around the cheese.
Bake in a 425-degree oven until bubbly and cheese is lightly toasted, about 15 minutes.
Serve with pita chips.