Table of contents:
Video: Recipe: Couscous With Tomatoes, Green Onions And Lemon On RussianFood.com
Couscous with tomatoes, green onions and lemon
Delicious side dish of couscous with tomatoes, green onions and lemon.
How to make couscous with tomatoes, green onions and lemon:
1. Finely chop the shallots. Chop the garlic. Peel and seed the tomato, finely chop the pulp. Chop the green onion thinly.
2. Fry the couscous in a small saucepan over high heat, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Transfer the couscous to a bowl.
3. Heat 1.5 tsp oil in the same saucepan over medium heat. Add shallots and cook until tender, about 2 minutes.
4. Add garlic, lemon zest and cayenne pepper, stir, cook for another 30 seconds. Add water and broth and bring to a boil.
5. Pour the broth over the couscous in a bowl, cover the bowl and leave for 12 minutes, until the couscous is soft. Open the lid, stir gently, fluffing the couscous.
6. Add remaining oil, lemon juice, tomatoes and green onions. Season the tomato couscous with salt and pepper.
Serve couscous with tomatoes, green onions and lemon as a side dish. Enjoy your meal!