Table of contents:
Video: Recipe: Fried Potatoes With Chili Sauce On RussianFood.com
Fried potatoes with chili sauce
2 servings of Milania 06/23/11
Potatoes cooked this way are soft and juicy. The savory chili sauce is just perfect with the fried potatoes.
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Cut the potatoes into slices or cubes.
2. Put the potatoes in a saucepan with cold water, put on high heat, bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes, until slightly soft. Throw boiled potatoes in a colander, let the water drain. Transfer to a paper towel and dry well.
3. In a deep frying pan with removable handle or in a rimmed baking sheet, mix together the oil, garlic, spices, coriander and paprika. Add potato wedges, stir and fry in the oven, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes, until tender.
4. Meanwhile, prepare the sauce. Heat oil in another pan, add onion and garlic, fry on the stove over medium heat, stirring until soft, about 5-10 minutes. Add chopped tomatoes with juice, chili and vinegar, mix well.
5. Cook the contents of the pan for another 10 minutes, until thickened. Taste for salt and, if necessary, add salt and pepper. Add chopped cilantro to the pan. Pour the prepared sauce into a saucepan.
Serve fried potatoes with tomato sauce