Table of contents:
Video: Recipe: Potato Crust Beef And Vegetable Stew On RussianFood.com
Stew of beef and vegetables with potato crust
4 portions of ZNAIKA 10/22/13
There is no price for such complex dishes, because meat and vegetables are served on the table in the same form, and even under a potato cap.
Step-by-step photo recipe: Stew of beef and vegetables under a potato crust
It is advisable to take young carrots for this dish, but last year's will also work.
How to make beef stew with vegetables:
1. Put the meat in a non-metallic bowl, pour over with wine, add juniper berries, orange peel, salt and pepper to taste. Mix everything well, and then cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, and preferably overnight.
2. Turn on the oven to preheat to 160 degrees. Remove the meat from the marinade and transfer to another bowl (do not pour out the marinade).
3. In a large cast-iron saucepan (cauldron), heat the olive oil, put the meat in a preheated saucepan and fry for about 5 minutes. Then add onions, carrots and garlic to the cauldron, fry for about 5 minutes more. Put the mushrooms in a saucepan, pour over everything with wine, beef broth and the reserved marinade. Boil.
4. In a separate bowl, dilute the starch with a little water. Introduce this mass into a cauldron with meat and vegetables, salt and pepper the mixture to taste, then cover and cook the beef stew with vegetables for about 1.5 hours.
5. Cook the potatoes 30 minutes before the ragout is ready. Blanch the potatoes chopped on a grater in boiling water for 5 minutes, and then put in a colander and let the liquid drain completely.
6. Transfer the potatoes to a saucepan, add olive oil, horseradish, cheese, salt and pepper, mix well. Put the potatoes in a cauldron on the meat and put in the oven, cook the beef stew with potatoes at 200 degrees until golden brown.